What are the environmental consequences of the water main breaks in the San Fernando Valley, CA?

I really haven’t looked into the reasons why this happened or what this potentially means for me since I live here.

It is the water delivery lines that break, so there is no direct pollution. Of course, the huge loss of water itself is not helping the already overdrawn water sources (there were water use restrictions at the time due to low supply and high demand as it is), which would damage rivers, underground aquifers, and other places where water is drawn from. In addition, sinkholes and cave-ins and floods probably mixed the water with all sorts of pollutants from the city – just imagine what could leak out of a collapsed chemical storage or a pharmacy. News don’t mention any toxic spills, so hopefully that didn’t happen on a significant scale.