What are the best type of coffee cups?

The greenest coffee cups are the reusable variety. Even better would be to get a reusable mug or cup that is made from recycled materials. The next best thing would be if your local coffee shop used disposable cups that are made from 100% recycled materials, the higher the post consumer waste the better. There are also new plastic coffee cups for lids and iced drinks that are made from corn plastic and bio degrade. This is also an okay option because the plastic is not made from non-renewable petroleum products.

I like ceramic coffee mugs.  They are dishwasher and microwave safe!  I buy all of mine from fair trade companies such as Ten Thousand Villages.  To go along with my fair trade mug I also buy fair trade, organic coffee!  It makes me feel good knowing I am not hurting the environment while drinking my morning coffee.