What are the best foods to eat when sick?

My mother always referred me to the “BRAT” diet, Bananas, Raisins, Applesauce, and Toast. I am also a huge fan of crackers or anything light. Skip the hot wings or the mozzarella sticks! Oh, and milk products can actually increase the amount of mucous in your throat. Yuck.

I always avoid spicy foods and other foods with strong flavors. Chicken broths can help make your throat feel better and thin your mucous because they are salty and contain chemicals from the chicken that will make you feel better. Yogurt with active cultures can help your stomach and fight colds. Other foods are hot tea, oatmeal and honey. See the article below for more info.

3. daj

When you’re sick your body needs the energy to heal, so digesting heavy food is not a good idea.

Opt for light soups, or fresh juice from Orange, carrot & ginger to boost your immune system.