What are the benefits of applying sunscreen daily?

Protecting your skin from sun exposure is one way to prevent wrinkles and to prevent skin cancer.

It also keeps you from sunburn, which is very painful.

I wear sunscreen on my face every single day of the year to protect my skin from–I’ll admit it–premature aging and wrinkles. I figure its easier to prevent wrinkles than get rid of them. The reduced risk of cancer is good too. 

Preventing skin cancer is one of the bigger benefits of daily sunscreen use.  The more cosmetic benefits (which I admit I also use sunscreen for) include the above poster’s answers of aging and wrinkles, as well as protecting skin from sun spots, dark spots and permanent damage. I also find that skin protected from the sun tends to be softer.

As an aside, cloudy days can be just as damaging to your skin as sunny ones – according to the American Academy of Dermatology, as much as 80% of the sun’s ultraviolet lights can pass through clouds.