What animal are you most frightened of?

I’m working on getting over it, but spiders still tend to bother me. Oddly enough, most insects don’t.

6

Answers

Personally, I am not super terreified of spiders like many people are. Nor am I too scared of snakes and reptilian creatures. I think for me, the scariest animals would be bears, tigers, or lions. Even though the sheer size of a polar bear would make me quiver and the majestic ferocity of a poised tiger would also freeze me in terror, I think I would be most afriad of a lion. Having heard rumors of many mountain lions near my house in Colorado Springs probably does not help the matter either. But something about the way you can see the incredibly strong muscles of these majestic beings as they calmly stroll around is horrifing for me. Although I guess what would scare me the most is the liger named Hercules, who is a 6-foot tall, 12-foot long 900 pound beast. He currently holds the record for biggest big cat in the Guinness Book of World Records. I would not want to met this gargantuan creature without a lot of very thick glass seperating us.

Snakes just give me the creeps. I think I scared of them hurting me. They don’t have the cutest faces. Their eyes always seem so sharp and diabolical. All those stories and images of snakes doing predatorial things makes me want to avoid them as much as possible. I know tigers and sharps do the same thing, but, oddly, I am not afraid of them. Its just an irrational fear. 

I like spiders because they are generally beneficial to humans by eating other bugs. It depends on the type of spider though. As long as it is not a black widow or brown recluse, I will just take it outside whenever I find one in my house.

Strangely, I am really grossed-out by slugs. It’s really irrational because I know that they can’t do anything to me, but I’ll do almost anything to avoid touching one. Banana slugs are OK, but I can’t stand the little grey ones that eat stuff in my garden.

Personally, I can deal with spiders. What I find absolutely terrifying is mosquitos. They are the deadliest animal in the world, spreading diseases like malaria, dengue fever, and West Nile virus. Besides I find it absolutely revolting when you manage to squash one (be it on the wall or on your skin) and blood splatters everywhere! The blood is most likely someone (or something!) else’s. While small I find them absolutely awful!

Komodo Dragon. If a creature could be evil, this would be it (just kidding, slightly). They will inject venom into their prey and then stand there and torment them, watching them get weak. Watch the video.

They are generally 150 lbs but can get to 370 lbs. They hunt by charging at the prey, going for the underthroat and has a strong enough tail to knock down the prey. It eats like a beast, swallowing big chunks or swalling the prey whole. Komodo dragons try to speed up the chowing by ramming the food into trees to force the food down it’s throat. Sometimes, they break the trees.

By the way, their poop is white because they cannot break down the calcium from the bones of their prey.

I also think they are cute, but I think every animal is cute, in one way or another.

I am stereotypically afraid of spiders.  I don’t like to touch many other bugs, but I’m not afraid of them.  Spiders really get me, though…  I can’t help it!  I’m too scared to kill them, even. :(