Is a volcanic eruption the most powerful event that the earth can create?

A volcanic eruption is debatable as to whether or not it is the most powerful event on Earth. However, an explosive volcanic eruption is certainly the most volatile and explosive event on Earth! There are of course different types of eruptions with different types of lava flows and ash behavior, some of which are very mild.

I say volcanic eruptions are debatable because I think plate tectonics is more powerful in the long-run. Tectonic movement broke up the continents in the past and displaced them! Whereas volcanoes can stop erupting, the plates will always be moving with respect to each other! These plate movements are also responsible, in part, for volcano formations and so I think plate tectonics movement is the most powerful event.