Is the United States Department of Education a green establishment?

Unfortunately, it isn’t. It turns out that the DOE failed its 2009 energy audit, and it was estimated that they could save as much as $1.5 million dollars a year just by following their own guidelines on things like shutting off computers. Their carbon footprint may be as high as 48,000 tons for computer use alone, due to wasteful power standards. For more information, pelase follow the attached links.

I hope this helped!

I could not find any information about the US Department of Education having any specific green or environmental initiatives.  However, I did find program information on the California Department of Education wich aims to support environmental programs with a lasting impact on California and its students.  Some of the funds for these projects come from the sale of special environmental license plates.