Type your question here…whats types of work to done better a green economy/

1

Answers

Hi. Basically, you don’t want to be involved with a business that sells things that people don’t definitely need. People need food, shelter, heat, education, so those are all relatively safe bets.

Lousy bets are companies that sell things people could well live without. And especially, you don’t want to be involved with most marketing departments or sales jobs, because they aren’t concerned with people or the environment so much … they want to earn money. That’s their big concern.

Here are some examples of purchases that cause harm to the ecology. And notice especially that most people don’t want to hear about them. Don’t want to hear about the biggest problems.

– I have a friend who brags about how low her environmental footprint is. She dares other people to match her. The thing is? Her family travels constantly. Skiing, flying to visit family, international vacations. Counting the ecological damage caused by the plane flights, she’s about 5 times worse than me! She just thinks she’s going good.

– I had a boss who had owned over 25 cell phones. He just loved them! He’d buy a new one every few months. That means he was basically throwing away $1,000s of technology. (I’ve used my same cell phone for 7 years.)

– Women and shoes. It’s “comfort food” shopping. Buy a really nice pair of shoes and feel good about yourself. Thing is, those shoes cost a fortune, but then sit in a closet unused 99.9% of the time. All that time, money and effort — and the accompanying ecological damage — are essentially wasted. Even I do it! I have “hiking boots” that I haven’t worn twice in the last years. Did I need them at all? Actually, no. Regular tennis shoes are fine.

– And speaking of comfort food, I know of people who expect to see meat at every meal: Bacon for breakfast, salami sandwich for lunch, and a big thick juicy steak for dinner. Meat tastes wonderful, but it’s expensive, and it’s very hard on the environment, compared to vegetables and grains. And there are plenty of dishes from Asia, for example, that use meat very sparingly.

It’s very hard to get people to change their lifestyle, but that’s what MUST happen. Global environmental catastrophes are only a few years away.