Is there such a thing as a jewel frog?

As far as I can tell, no. Many fictional creatures from stories and games are called jewel frogs, but there is no such actual animal called a jewel frog. The links below are pages about fictional creatures called jewel frogs, and there are plenty of other resources on the internet that talk about jewel frogs in games and other entertainment, but nothing about any real “jewel frog”.

No, I don’t believe that there is such a thing. Many people use this name “Jewel Frog” to describe a character in various fantasy video games, but as far as I know, it doesn’t represent an actual living frog that we would find in nature.  

Some times dart frogs are called jewel frogs because they come in a variety of colors like blues and reds. These frogs belong to the family Dendrobatidae and live in the tropics. Some times they are also called poison arrow frogs. Their skin secretes toxins that help protect the frog from being eaten.