Is there a space station being built?

If so, how many people will it be able to hold and is it going to just be hovering over Earth?

The international space station maintains a set orbit around Earth and is manned by a six person crew.  An international partnership of space agencies provides and operates the elements of the station, including the United States, Russia, Europe, Japan, and Canada.

The newest attempt at a space station is underway in China.  China plans to launch the first 8.5 ton section of their station into space in the first half of 2011.  I am unsure how many people it will be able to hold but it will also reside in a set orbit around Earth.

Yes, there is a space station being built. I have no idea how many people it will be able to hold. The one I speak of is like a resort in space. It costs tons of money to get on. I hope this at least faintly answered your question.

NASA plans to build a moon base and have it permanently staffed by 2024. In other words, there will be people living on the moon by 2024, according to NASA. Construction is supposed to begin in 2020.