Is there a name for the study of sharks?



  1. 0 Votes

    I would say it’s probably “Shark Biology,” although you generally wouldn’t want to study JUST sharks. Sharks are part of much larger marine ecosystems! They rely on this system, and the system in turn relies on them. Only studying one part of the system wouldn’t really be possible. So if you really want to study sharks, you can study marine biology, and focus on sharks in your research.

  2. 0 Votes

    The term Elasmobranchology is also used but covers rays and skates as well.

Please signup or login to answer this question.

Sorry,At this time user registration is disabled. We will open registration soon!