Is there a list of products I should not throw away with the rest of my trash?

It varies with your trash collectors, but you recycle electronics at e-waste recycling facilities, and same with motor oil for sure. I found a random list, which probably applies to many garbage pick up companies that states the following items must be brought to the facility for disposal:

# Automobile Tires
    # Brake Fluid
    # Batteries
    # Driveway Sealer
    # Fire Extinguishers
    # Fluorescent lights bulbs
    # Insect spray cans
    # Mercury and lead sheets
    # Paint
    # Pool chemicals
    # Propane tanks and propane torches
    # Thermometers
    # Transmission Fluid

I would check with your own garbage service for verification of what should and should not be disposed of with regular trash.

It varies depending on your state and municipality, so check with your local government to be completely sure. But in general, the following items should not be thrown in the trash: bulky items, hazardous waste, medical waste, tires, batteries, liquid waste, microwaves, florescent bulbs, e-waste (computers, printers), yard waste, and heavy rigid metal.