Is there enough mercury in CFL’s to be dangerous?



  1. 0 Votes

    Yes. According to Scientific America, the compact fluorescent lightbulbs are dangerous. The CFL’s comtain anout 5 miligrams of mercury. Mercury is a key component because it helps the light buld emit light; no other element is just as efficient. Mercury in these light bulbs contain a high toxic. It is very harmful to the brain of babies and children. Officials have made a ban on it’s applications from therometers to automative and thermostat switches. Hope this helps!

Please signup or login to answer this question.

Sorry,At this time user registration is disabled. We will open registration soon!