Is there anyway to keep cougars and deer from getting hit by cars?

2

Answers

Good question, woodward.  As unfortunate as it is, I don’t think there is any way we can totally prevent all wildlife from getting hit by cars.  Though there are some possible solutions, such as building elevated roads, or tall fences around them, they are not practical because they would either be too costly, or would keep animals from commingling and moving around like they naturally would.  I think the only practical thing we can do is to be careful when we drive, and keep our eyes peeled.

Hope this helps!

I agree. We must all be careful when we drive and be aware of our surroundings.  I suppose not building roads through areas where these animals live is a start, but once roads are created, we simply must be careful.  As well, we must know how to react. Many safety experts say that it is far more dangerous to try and swerve out of the way of an animal, and it is best to simply hit it to avoid injuring yourself should you drive into a pole, tree, or oncoming traffic. But yes, definitely something to be aware of when driving.