Is there any eco friendly car wax?

There are a couple of companies that claim to provide environmentally friendly car wax. Optimum Car Wax is an example of eco friendly car wax. It contains only the highest grade of natural Carnauba wax, dimethicone based polymers that are used in hand lotions, and UV absorbers, which are suspended in water. These protective components bond to painted surfaces to create a high gloss finish that protects it from sun damage as well as acid rain, bird droppings, road salt & grime, and other environmental contaminants.

I checked out the previous answers link and this product isn’t certified as eco-friendly, so I’d be skeptical. I’ve attached a link to make your own car wax. Remember to only purchase green products if they have been certified, otherwise there is no proof that the product really is eco-friendly.

“Car wax can be petroleum-based, which isn’t good for the environment. Instead, make your own greener version with this easy recipe.

1 cup linseed oil

4 tbs. carnauba wax

2 tbs. beeswax

1/2 cup vinegar

Place all ingredients in a saucepan, and heat on a low setting until waxes have melted. Pour melted ingredients into a container. Let the product firm up before using.”