Is the sodium used in street lights dangerous?



  1. 0 Votes

    The sodium itself is not dangerous, but high-pressure sodium (HPS) lights do contain mercury vapor, which can be dangerous if inhaled.  The mercury content is low, however, and if an HPS streetlight bulb were to break, the area would most likely be well ventilated enough not to cause any harm.  HPS lights are much more environmentally friendly than conventional metal halide (MH) streetlights.

Please signup or login to answer this question.

Sorry,At this time user registration is disabled. We will open registration soon!