Should there be some sort of affirmative action for green graduates?

I feel like I’m getting cheated because people don’t know what my degree is.

Personally, I don’t think so. The purpose of affirmative action is to offset racial discrimination and foster cultural diversity in the workplace. While I can see how you feel graduating with a green degree disadvantages you in the job hunt because it’s a relatively new major, I don’t think that’s grounds for affirmative action. Race/culture is an inherent trait of a person–you’re born with it like it or not. That’s why affirmative action may help in that case. Pursuing a green degree is a choice you have made, however, so you’re directly responsible for the consequences both positive and negative. Plus, I would think that having had such a unique academic experience would make you stand out in a positive way in as many cases as it would been viewed as a negative. Anyhow, best of luck!