Should there be a show like America’s Most Wanted or Cops dealing with real-life eco-criminals?

Having worked with a lot of environmental enforcement officers, I can say that their investigations of environmental crimes are often just as interesting as any other true-crime show on television.  So, in my opinion, yes there should be a show like Cops or America’s Most Wanted for eco-criminals.

I think there is already shows that are sort of in that realm: Whale Wars, Animal Cops, Pit Boss and other shows like Planet in Peril have gone after poachers, animal abusers and environmental criminals.  

YES!! Clever idea.  I think it would be great to shine some light on it, and even bring it closer to home.  There are people who abuse the opportunity to recycle ALL THE TIME just because they don’t feel like it.  I can’t tell you how many corporations waste uncontrollably, and it would be awesome to walk in there and fine them for the atrocities then capture their reaction.  Only to promote peacefulness in the end….hahaha.  But people are drawn into drama.

Maybe there could be side-stories…. like the cause and effect relationship between the action of an eco-criminal and showing how it directly impacts the environment on a dramatic level.

You should suggest your eco-cops idea to a screenwriter.

I think there should be, but it should be on a large scale.  Taking down larger corporations that are harming the environment and exposing them for what they really are.  If you get this show going, take down McDonald’s, Wal-Mart, Halliburton, wow I could go on forever.