Should there be a climate change awareness course that is mandatory to all college students?

Yes. As a college student I have taken a number of courses that touch on climate change, however, none of them were mandatory. I am now finishing up my undergraduate degree, and have to fulfill certain “general education” requirements. I often find myself thinking, how could this ever be beneficial for me? However if a class for climate change was a requirement, a student would be hard pressed to come up with a reason of how it would not be beneficial for them.

Climate change affects everyone, and everyone has the ability to help remedy certain problems if they are properly educated. It is mind boggling that it is not already a requirement for all students.