Should I run my AC at night to get my house cool then leave it off during the day?

Most websites I found suggested to instead keep windows open at night to both release hot air from the house and introduce cooler night air. There are a number of ways you can use less energy, and save yourself some money as a result, while cooling your home. Setting the temperature on your thermostat higher just one degree can reduce your AC bill three to five percent. Properly insulating your home, using fans to cool the air, and keeping the AC filter clean are also helpful steps to take. And try to cool only the rooms you use; with room conditioners shut off those you don’t use and close the doors, and with central air simply close the vents in unoccupied rooms.