Should community service be required at every school?

In some school systems, community service hours are required for high school graduation. In my own experience, it was 60 hours required, with awards given at graduation for resume purposes for higher participation and hours. It is a good program, enriches the student’s upbringings and exposes them to work in good cheer with no profit but productivity and helping others. I think it should be required at every school system.

Community service is a great form of education, and I agree that it should be required. It teaches participants a new perspective on homelessness, our environmental concerns, and the importance of community. I think that supportive communities are essential to building responsible, caring individuals. Also, giving time for the benefit of the community helps the participant feel more connected to what is going on around him or her and how our actions are all connected.