Should Christmas lights be done away with and replaced by a new more eco-friendly tradition?

Well, for some this can be a personal issue and it is up to the family. Traditions can be sacred and static. However, there are many alternatives nowadays and people can celebrate the holiday season with not only environmentally friendly lights, but green gifts, wrapping paper, and trees. Below is a link that offers green christmas products.

I think so. In addition, I think wrapping paper is a horrible tradition! In my family we try to reuse newspaper to wrap gifts. We also use nice cloth. Plus, we try to have a “buy nothing christmas” where we refuse to be a part of consumerism. We either spend time together, make gifts, and/or play games.