Yes. Eating shellfish that has been in red tide may result in neurotoxic poisoning. This is because of the toxin brevetoxin, which may also damage DNA of lung tissue, which can cause mutations in genes that usually prevent cancer formation. It should be noted, however, that how much of these mutations is a result of brevetoxin is still being researched since humans are often exposed to other carcinogenic elements such as tobacco smoke and air pollution.
Click here to cancel reply.
Sorry,At this time user registration is disabled. We will open registration soon!
Don't have an account? Click Here to Signup
© Copyright GreenAnswers.com LLC