Is raccoon meat good?

It’s been sold and eaten before. And like all meats, somebody out there enjoys it. I’ve never personally had it, but online accounts show that there are people who think it is quite good. It might be hard to find it, however, as health officials go around shutting down raccoon meat vendors as the meat is generally unhealthy to heat unless prepared professionally.

I’d say if you’re asking this question because you’re curious about the raccoons outside your house, steer clear. In all likelihood, raccoons living around where humans live will feed on garbage and other waste, and thus probably won’t taste very good. And as phillius pointed out, there is a lot standing in the way legally of raccoon consumption.