Putting backpack and small bag into one luggage bag on plane

On our round the world tickets we are allowed 1 piece of check in luggage and one hand luggage, fairly standard. However I’m wondering if it would be possible to put my large backpack inside a bag protector (to stop straps getting caught) with another small backpack? I know this is technically two bags but if it’s under the weight limit inside another zipped bag, would this be a problem?

2

Answers

So does this mean that you’d be putting 2 bags – a backpack and a small bag inside your luggage bag? If that’s the case, it shouldn’t be a problem. It will be considered as one large luggage bag. I had carried Eagle Creek luggage bag with one backpack within, the last time I went to Canada. Make sure the weight is below the limit.

As long as you are under the weight limit, you should be fine. I’ve done similar things.  If they give you trouble, claim the backpack as your purse – those are almost always exempt from luggage limitations.