Post a picture of your favorite animal and a little description of why its your favorite?

Answers

Little Blue Penguin

This is a Little Blue penguin, and it is my favorite animal. They have been my favorite animal ever since I first visited the Little Blue colony at my local aquarium. Not only are they adorable, but they are quite vocal, and a truly lovely creature.

What is your favorite animal?

The Peacock is my favorite animal, because of its color and beauty. Females are actually called “peahens” and they are believed to choose their mate (male: Peacock) by the size, color, and quality of their feather train. A group of peahens and peacocks are called peafowl.

[img_assist|nid=186052|title=Peacock|desc=|link=none|align=center|width=640|height=426]

I think snow leopards are really cool. They are very beautiful and not too plentiful, so awareness about them is never a bad thing. 

Dogs, in my case, labrador retrievers, are my favorite animal. Dogs exhibit unconditional love for the master that treats them right and offer immediate forgiveness for their master’s frustration. Also, I find it incredible that after centuries of domestication, dogs still have their instincts. [img_assist|nid=188541|title=Dogs|desc=|link=none|align=left|width=640|height=426]

Giraffes are my favorite animal.  They are gorgeous creatures that seem to move so gracefully.  I have also given my younger brother the nickname of “Giraffe” because he is so much taller than me. I think the animal just reminds me of him :)

The Indian Elephant, not to be mistaken with its bigger, wilder cousin the African Elephant. The Indian elephant is a large, long-lived and intelligent creature with amazing memory. Sticking by their mother for nearly the first decade of their life, elephants are like people: it takes a long time to fully develop mentally. Such intelligence and grand size is why they are such a precious species.

I have always really liked polar bears. I think they are majestic, strong, intelligent creatures. Sadly, they will likely become the face of global warming as their habitat shrink with melting sea ice and rising ocean levels.

Polar Bears are my favourite too, for much the same reasons – and because they’re so big! I also like owls, because I can often see (and more often hear) them around my house, and because of their mythological associations with wisdom. Plus the tend to be quite beautiful.

A Great Horned Owl

Eagles are my favorite, especially bald eagles. They are so majestic and have a survival quality that is so instinctive. They may be endangered, but they will always be my favorite.

Quetzals because they are beautiful birds.