In Palm Springs do a lot of homes use cactus in their landscaping?

I recently visited Palm Springs in July. The landscape is an arid desert with heats that reach well over 100 F. Cactus along with other extreme drought tolerant plants were used in residential and commercial landscapes. Ornamental plants were also used more it seemed though. Palm Springs is known for its aesthetic appearance, which is usually created with the use of attractive planting.

Side Note: (It was originally a vacation spot for Hollywoods finest)

I have lived near Palm Springs for almost 15 years and went to school in the city for 6 of them. I can tell you that there is a tremendous amount of cactus used in landscaping there. Many residents have an appreciation for the desert that few others have, and they strive to bring the landscape right up to their front steps.