Is organic food becoming more popular in restaurants?

From a purely anecdotal perspective, I would say yes. I’ve seen a lot more restaurants cropping up in the area where I attend school (Westchester County, NY) that are offering organic faire. Of course, Westchester is a relatively affluent area, where there is demand for and ability to pay for organic foods–perhaps more of an ability than could be found in many other areas.

Now, in terms of other parts of the world, this article from CNN in 2000 discusses the new challenge of finding organic foods when eating out. And in statistical terms, restaurant chefs surveyed in 2007 ranked organic foods as #3 on a list of top 20 foods that will be requested. So yes, organic food is certainly becoming more popular in restaurants.