Ok, so a couple years ago I started watching GREEN PORNO and love it, but some say its inappropriate, what do you think?

I think it matches entertainment with actual learning. I feel like we should be using this is schools or something, I mean I know that I would have payed more attention if I was watching this and I would laugh at the same time!

7

Answers

It seems like a creative, entertaining, and informative way to talk about animal reproduction. 

I don’t think there is anything inappropriate about it all (as long as you don’t break it out while you’re fooling around).  It’s perfectly natural to be curious about how things in nature work and this seems like a great way to explore that curiosity.  

I agree. I think this it can be wonderful, as long as you like it. Who cares what other people think, do what interests you. Obiviously, you are not alone as Green Porno has won a few awards including: 

2009 Webby – Online Film and Video – Best Individual Performance – Isabella Rossellini

2009 Webby – Online Film and Video – Experimental – Green Porno

If you like it, then I think it’s fine. What’s deemed appropriate varies between people. Probably, the people who say that green porn is bad are the same people who believe that all porn is bad. If you’re going to watch porn, why not watch it green?

As long as it doesn’t interfere with your daily responsibilities, then it’s no issue. If it begins to distract you from normal, healthy relationships then it may be an addiction. Don’t let it take control of your life and keep you from living a fulfilling life.

I don’t think that Green Porno is inappropriate at all, however I believe that it only gained popularity because of the controversial name.  Personally, I find it hard to take the videos seriously.  With the name that it has, you would think that the videos were created for adults, but they were produced in a way that would appeal to children.  The concept of the videos is confusing, but not at all inappropriate.

I think the “Green Porno” series is incredibly entertaining. A while back, a friend of mine passed it along to me as a type of joke. The funniest thing is that it is quite factually based. So you get a little bit of everything–humor, lesson, and Rossellini!