Is Newsweek a reliable source for green rankings?

Newsweek did work on their green rankings for more than a year, and they worked with leading environmental researchers like KLD Research & Analytics, Trucost, and The magazines green rankings are based on the companies actual environmental performance, policies, and reputation. Since Newsweek teamed up with other credible sources, and they did an in-depth analysis of each company, their green rankings do seem reliable.

Newsweek is acceptable, but it’s generally not considered to be “elite” media.

I’d first check with other sources, maybe the BBC, and use Newsweek as a supplementary source. I’m also, however, quite skeptical about the integrity of many news organizations, so it might be best to take my opinion with a grain of salt.