New green industries?

Where do you see new green industries heading? What industry look promising for the future and why?

Current trends seem to be shifting towards alternative forms of renewableenergy and the subsequent industries that have been building up around them. Solar, wind and water energy and the industries that manufacture the materials required to harness there natural forces are on the rise. The Electric Vehicle industry seems to be on the rise as more and more people shy away from oil dependency. 

I understand about renewable energy and the subsequent industries. I agree with you to a certain extent but I feel that those are going to be controlled by big companies. Electric vehicles (hybrids)is still too small of a market even after 10 years.