My young mountain Ash is very Long at the top and bush lower, can I cut the top out

You have to be very careful when pruning trees. You could very easily injure your tree, which you lead to your tree becoming sickly and dying. Pruning a tree in summer is also somewhat dangerous, especially a mountain ash since its thin bark may split and get overexposed to the sun. Pruning in general should be approached with caution, and the best reasons for pruning are not aesthetic, but are instead for safety and tree health.

By “cut the top out” do you mean remove the entire top? If so, you should definitely NOT do that. Doing so could lead to your young tree dying and rotting. If you have questions about whether or not your tree will get fuller over time, I recommend calling your local arborist for a consultation.