Metallic lead is very rarely found in the environment, however it is commonly found in ores along with zinc, silver, and copper. It has many uses in building and other applications. Although it is a health threat, it’s safety is closely monitored.
Mercury is liquid at room temperature and pressure, and therefore must be drilled from ore deposits or for rock at the Earth’s crust. Mercury poisoning is a huge threat, and therefore even the use of mercury in thermometers is being phased out.
Lead is more prevalent and more easily accessible in the environment than mercury: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Relative_abundance_of_elements.png, due to the reasons described above. It is a much more stable element than mercury.
Click here to cancel reply.
Sorry,At this time user registration is disabled. We will open registration soon!
Don't have an account? Click Here to Signup
© Copyright GreenAnswers.com LLC