Is mercury as dangerous to touch as most people think?



  1. 0 Votes

    Mercury is dangerous, period.  Small amounts are everywhere, and our bodies can handle mercury in these small amounts – however, a concentrated mercury can be absorbed through the skin if touched, and the vapor in the air can be breathed and get into your lungs.  Both types of exposure can lead to mercury poisoning, which has toxic effects on your central nervous system, kidneys, gums, teeth, and even your brain.  While some may overreact to small amounts of mercury exposure … why risk it?

Please signup or login to answer this question.

Sorry,At this time user registration is disabled. We will open registration soon!