Mac or PC?

I would have to say Mac. I got a MacBook Pro laptop in college and haven’t turned back since. One of the main factors as to why I got a Mac was how environmentally friendly they are. Each new model that comes out uses less energy and has less of an impact on the environment. Mac will even help you dispose of your old computer. For more information on Macs, please find the link below. 

I too vote for Mac.  PCs tend to have more issues with viruses.   I know people who’ve had macs that lasted ten years.   One way to reduce waste and consumption is building better quality items that last longer and although I do question some of Apple’s environmental practices in the manufacturing process, I do think they are making a product that lasts longer than other computers.   

From an environmental standpoint, Dell is considered the “greenest” computer company on the market.  Dell has the most extensive recycling program for old and used computers and computer parts on the market. 

Apple was commended for their green design in the new macbooks.

No computer company is considered to be on the cutting edge of the “green” movement, but addressing e-waste is a nice start.

Also, I ‘ve had a Dell for 6 years now and it still works just as well as it did the day I took it out of the box.

I have to admit that I am a PC user. I’m also a little like my grandmother in that I find it very important to pick a product that I find aethetically pleasing. I can’t explain why, but I like working on a PC better due to both the interface and the shape of the computer. I tend to like things with sharp edges better than the rounded edges typical of Mac products.

I’ve grown up with PC’s so they are what I am used to using.  They’re just so easy to type a paper on.  But I do like macs better for things such as powerpoint and editing software.  The next computer I purchase will probably be a mac.  The only thing that I like about PC’s are the bigger screens.

I’m more familiar with PCs, but a lot of people in my field (music) use Macs because they are better adapted for music editing.  Similarly, a lot of artists use Mac.  However, my OTHER field (teaching) uses mostly PCs, so it really depends on how and why you plan on using your computer.