A lot of people after travelling often say: Travelling means sort of suffering. That implies they don’t eat well, sleep well, and they are very tired on the trip. Do you agree with it ? Give your reasons and explain.

I somewhat agree with this statement. To maintain a healthy lifestyle requires time and effort in choosing and preparing the proper foods, exercising regularly, and making sure that you get enough sleep. When you travel, one’s healthy lifestyle can be compromised if there was a lack of planning and preparation to try and maintain it during the trip. The reason for this is that travel requires maintaining a schedule that is usually out of the ordinary for most people. It also means that you have to take what is available when it comes to food and sleeping accomodations which can take its toll on the body and throw it off balance.

I agree with this statement in many ways. However, I think that it is a good idea to travel to get a broader perspective on the world. I think that everyone should leave their home continent at least once (something I still have yet to do) in their lifetimes to see what things are like in the rest of the world and appreciate what is at home. It is good to break our routines occasionally, but as nellieliz4 said, prolonged stress can cause health problems. Traveling excessively can spew lots of carbon dioxide into the atmosphere as well.

Here is a link to a website that shows several different effects of too much stress:

I think it is a matter of perspective. Unfamiliar surroundings and scheduling can take some time for your body to adjust to, but I think everything you see, experience, and learn is definitely worth it. I did a 6 week trip to Europe in 2008 where I visited Greece, Italy, Germany, France, and England. I got in great physical shape from walking all the time. All the amazing things I saw energized me, but by the end of the day, I was tired and ready to sleep, so I got good rest most of the time. Eating well is almost always a choice unless you are in a rush and have to grab something fast with limited options. We ate some pretty incredible food over there.