Looking for research done by U of A on Tridipanel and thermal mass/ R value

Trying to find the formula for how thermal mass effects R value. I am told the 5.5” of EPS is sufficient to match 9” of EPS when the 1.5” of thermal mass on the inside of the wall is factored in.

My environmental engineering textbook says that q=A(Ti-T0)/R

q=heat transfer rate through the wall in watts or Btu/hr

A=wall area in square meters or square feet

Ti=air temerature on one side of the wall in C or F

T0= ambient air temperature in C or F

I hope this helps! If you need a more thorough explanation, I recommend buying the Introduction to Environmental Engineering and Science textbook. It is such a beautiful and compact textbook that it is one of the few that I chose not to sell back to the bookstore. I think that’s why the price on the book is so high. People just don’t want to part with them!

Did you even read the question?
      The study is testing materials/ designs probably newer than your book.
      I am looking for the data comparing the different test holes,

I’m sorry I couldn’t give you a better answer. I only took the introductory course and am not involved in the industry, so that’s all I know. It takes a while to get information, especially information of such a technical nature, out into the public eye. Perhaps you will have more luck with google scholar?