Is liquid nitrogen poisonous?



  1. 0 Votes

    Since liquid nitrogen is 80% air and an inert element, it’s not technically poisonous. That said, drinking mass quantities would most likely damage you in some way.

  2. 0 Votes

    Nitrogen is not poisonous; the air is already about 78% nitrogen (oxygen makes up about 21%, and trace gases the remaining 1%). However, if sufficient liquid nitrogen is vaporized so as to reduce the oxygen percentage to below 19.5%, you are at risk of oxygen deprivation.

  3. 0 Votes

    The most dangerous part of liquid nitrogen is simply the temperature it’s at. Liquid nitrogen is N2, and nitrogen gas (the majority of our atmosphere) is N2. Liquid nitrogen can be dangrous, but not poisonous.

  4. 0 Votes

    No, liquid nitrogen is not poisonous. In fact it is commonly used at many high-end restaurants.

Please signup or login to answer this question.

Sorry,At this time user registration is disabled. We will open registration soon!