is this the last of our days the end of the world.

If you choose to believe the Mayan Calendar, then the end may be sooner than many anticipate. The Mayan Calendar dubs December 21of 2012 as the day that this world will end. Christians in some schools of thought say that the end of the world will be known by no man, and therefore would discount the aforementioned prediction. Islam mentions that the end of days will be marked with earthquakes, rising seas (global warming), and other natural disasters. All of these examples are based on differing schools of thought and their own prophecies.

I doubt that we will see the end of the world in 2012. Many predicted that 2000 will bring the end of the world but apperatly it didn’t. I don’t see any reason why 2012 would be different. By the way, only recently I stumbled upon da Vinci’s prediction for the end of the world, being somewhere around 4007 if I recall correctly.

We just sat through another “end of days” on May 21st, 2011. The world did not end, so those involved have rescheduled it for October 21st, 2011. I am looking forward to when 2012 is rescheduled.

The Mayan Calendar does end on December 21st, 2012, but it has never represented the end of the world or life. I have read and seen many interviews of Mayan experts who say that this particular date represents a big change, but not the end. The recent “rapture” scare just goes to show that we can in no way know for sure when the world is going to end. I think people and the media over exaggerate these types of stories, like 2012, to make excitable news and money, and I think by now we should be smart enough to know that we cannot control or predict the end of the world.