Is Jay Leno’s green car callenge raising awareness at all about being green or green transportation?

The only awareness this segment seems to be promoting is for Ford. This segment screams product placement above trying to be green. Having celebrities face-off even in a green car seems to send the wrong mention.

“I think this electric Focus is a fast as the petrol version of the car would be. It doesn’t have the top end speed but with all that torque and on a short track I think it will be almost as quick,” he reckons. “It also shows that Ford are in the game, on the cutting edge. American cars have this reputation for being great for big horsepower, gas guzzling and fast but not necessarily being fuel efficient. By doing this, Ford can change their image a bit.”