Is it wrong to say that people that prescribe to certain cultural beliefs, like killing seals, can’t partake in those activities because they are now deemed unsustainable?

If overpopulation wasn’t an issue, then what those people are doing would probably would still be sustainable anyways.

I don’t think it’s wrong, but perhaps it is a mistake to go about trying to stop them from doing it, especially if one is guilty of the same crime him or herself — just deflected toward another animal (how many chickens and cows get slaughtered on a daily basis in America [how much of it goes to waste?]) — so it is a touchy issue, and I think people better go and take a long look at their own lifestyles before they can tell someone else not to do something because it harms the earth or because it is unsustainable.