Is it safe to eat fish out of a pond from an apartment complex in Tampa, Florida?

THE POND IS ALL CLOSED IN THERE IS NO WAY IN OR OUT IS IT SAFE TO EAT THE FISH IN THERE???

4

Answers

If the pond is part of the decor of the apartment complex, it’s unlikely that whoever manages the complex would want you eating the fish.

I don’t know if that is even legal to do! Besides I don’t know how well they maintain the water but do you want to find out the hard way? I’d say PASS.

Probably unsafe — depending on what chemicals are in it and whether or not it is EPA tested.  As nsinopoli noted, if it’s being maintained by the apartment complex it’s unlikely that they really want you fishing in the pond.  I’d suggest contacting the apartment manager to see if it’s okay to fish from the pond, and from there find out how the pond is maintained and what the fish are fed.  

It doesn’t sound like a good idea to eat it. Since there’s no way in or out, and if the pond isn’t well-maintained, there could be all sorts of microorganisms and other stuff in the water that could be harmful.