Is it safe for dogs and cats to drink water that has pooled on the ground?



  1. 0 Votes

    Water that has pooled on the ground is unfiltered and untreated water that could contain harmful containments. Oil, pesticides, bacteria, and other chemicals can be washed by water and end up in water that has formed puddles on the ground. One major problem associated with drinking standing water for dogs is canine leptospirosis, which is a disease that affects the liver and kidneys, it can be fatal. There are vaccines that are used to prevent this disease, so make sure that you keep up to date with your pet’s medical health.

Please signup or login to answer this question.

Sorry,At this time user registration is disabled. We will open registration soon!