Granite countertops have the potential to release small amounts of radon gas as the rock decomposes. Radon gas can be deadly in large amounts. But, the amounts that might possible come from countertops are not significant. Also, granite countertops tend to be in more well-ventilated areas of the home, namely the kitchen. Radioactive testing can be done on the countertops if you are concerned.
Silestone has antibacterial qualities, which would make it an ideal countertop. However granite, is a porous mineral, which means that it can absorb bacteria. So you should always wash it with antibacterial soap. If you are good at cleaning your granite. It should be ok to cut on. But I don’t recommend it.
Click here to cancel reply.
Sorry,At this time user registration is disabled. We will open registration soon!
Don't have an account? Click Here to Signup
© Copyright GreenAnswers.com LLC