Is it more important to wash non organic vegetables?

Well Oberon, yes and no. While the process of washing non-organic fruit definitely helps to reduce the amount of pesticides on the produce, there are some ingredients that the plants have absorbed that cannot be removed by washing. Hope I helped, and have a green day!

Good question, Oberon.  When we wash vegetables, we are getting rid of any pesticide, herbicide, and dirt residues, as well as even salmonella and e-coli because of the handling process.  In organic veggies, we don’t have to worry about the pesticides and herbicides (in theory, that is), though we should still wash them to be sure.  I think it is important to wash all vegetables, but I would agree that it is maybe a little more important to make sure you wash non-organic ones.

Hope this helps!

As a general rule of thumb it is a good idea to wash all fruits and vegetables before eating them, whether they are organic or not.  Organic vegetables are less likely to have pesticides and chemicals on them, the label does not guarantee that they are free of all contaminants.  A Food Additives and Contaminants report found that there are still about one third the amount of pesticide residue in organic produce.