Is it legal to make biofuel at my house?

Yes.  However, you might have local laws that dictate what you make in your own home, especially the ingredients you use to make it with, and how much of it you are generating.  If I were you, I would probably refer my questions to the site below.  They might be able to help you more than I.

There are many building code guidelines that will affect the production of biofuel in your home, and they will change according to certain variables. For example, if you wanted to make biofuel from human waste, there would be much stricter regulation (such as digestion time of the contents in a digester) than with other manures because of the transmissibility of human diseases. You should refer to the building codes in your area to find specific answers.