Is it green to take a shower every day?

4

Answers

Responsible water use is okay, even if it involves taking a shower every day. If you feel like you need a shower, don’t go without just to save a few gallons of water. The responsible thing would be to take quick showers and install a low-flow shower head. If you leave the water running in the shower while doing other things, or take unnecessarily long showers, then that’s becoming a waste of water.

I totally agree with you. I suppose it would be more “green” to shower every-other-day, but that is pretty gross. I would add one more suggestion: when you are heating up the shower, do it at full heat. That will allow it to quickly get the cold water out of the system so you can hop in and let less water go down the drain.

You can, and should, take a shower every day. You can shower daily, smell good, and even do it in a green way. Things that can help to do so include making sure you have a newer model shower head to save gallons of water, shortening your shower time, or even turning off the water while scrubbing.

I would add one more tip to making your showering practices more green:

When you are heating up the shower, do it at full heat. That will allow it to quickly get the cold water out of the system so you can hop in and let less water go down the drain.