Is it ever too young to start teaching kids about the importance of the environment?

As soon as they’re able to understand, it’s a good time to start teaching children about humans’ impact on the natural world and the importance of preserving it. I think generation Y was raised hearing a lot about pollution and recycling, and even though climate change wasn’t nearly so high on the list back then, I think it’s made a real difference in young people’s receptiveness to the concepts of conservation and eco-efficiency.

I think kids should be educated in the importance of environmental issues beginning at the same time as they are educated in other areas. Children are able to understand many concepts if presented in the right way. I say, the earlier the better as the younger a child learns something the better because it is more likely to stick.