Is it dangerous to use plastic plates and utensils?



  1. 0 Votes

    Yes, of course. It is also dangerous to use ceramic plates, stainless steel, glassware, and everything else, if you do not use correctly and properly. If you mean, will the plastic plates and utensils poison you, then no.

  2. 0 Votes

    No, eating off plastic plates and with plastic utensils is not dangerous. However, one thing to be mindful of is whether or not what you are eating on is microwave safe. If you’re someone that commonly reheats leftovers or heats things up in the microwave, be sure that what you are heating your food in is microwave-safe.

  3. 0 Votes

    Plastic plates and utensils do not tend to carry the harmful carcinogens that can be found in plastic water bottles. It is dangerous to microwave or run them through the dishwasher however, because they may melt. Melted plastic can cause very serious burns, and it can heat up or melt much more quickly than ceramic. It may also break if you use disposable plastic, so if you have small children, keep an eye on them when they are eating or they may cut themselves on the plastic shards. Disposable plastic utensils are more likely to snap if heated under very hot water (to wash and reuse) more than once.

Please signup or login to answer this question.

Sorry,At this time user registration is disabled. We will open registration soon!