Yes. Mercury is toxic. Symptoms of mercury poisoning include the following:
– impairment of peripheral vision
– disturbances in sensations – that ‘pins and needles’ feeling as well as numbness – usually in the hands feet and sometimes around the mouth
– lack of coordination of movements, such as writing
– impairment of speech, hearing, walking
– muscle weakness
– skin rashes
– mood swing, memory loss, and mental disturbances
Of course, how much you are affected depends on how much mercury you have come into contact with. But mercury can be absorbed transdermally, or that is, through your skin, so it is important to avoid touching it!
mcneil56, it is very dangerous to be exposed to any concentrated material without proper safety or HAZMAT required standards. If you are speaking from firsthand experience, I suggest getting medical attention immediately. Hope I helped, and have a green day!
Click here to cancel reply.
Sorry,At this time user registration is disabled. We will open registration soon!
Don't have an account? Click Here to Signup
© Copyright GreenAnswers.com LLC